Welcome to a thrilling new adventure that is bound to change your perspective on saving money! I’m ecstatic to introduce you to the innovative “200 Envelope Challenge”. This financial challenge will not only guide you in managing your finances better but also make the process engaging, rewarding, and fun!
Join us on an exciting adventure into the realm of enjoyable savings! Stay tuned for a delightful journey filled with fun-filled ways to save money with this money-saving challenge.
What is the 200 Envelope Challenge
Many of you have probably heard of the 100 Envelope Challenge. If you haven’t, you can check it out here! But have you ever heard of the 200 Envelope Challenge? This challenge is an upgraded version of the famous 100 Envelope Challenge, and it’s designed to help you save money but at a reduced speed.
The concept is simple – you start with a set number of envelopes (preferably 200). Label each envelope and then place the amount of money on each envelope every day. By the end of the 200 days, you will have accumulated a considerable amount of savings without even realizing it! A little over $5000, to be exact.
How Does the 200 Savings Challenge Work?
Saving money is hard work! Thankfully, that’s where this simple money challenge comes into play! This money challenge is similar to the 100 Envelope Challenge, just not as aggressive.
The 200 challenge is conducted as follows: Gather 200 white envelopes and divide them into four groups. Each group should be labeled from 1 to 50.
Here’s an example:
- Group 1 (Envelopes 1-50)
- Group 2 (Envelopes 1-50)
- Group 3 (Envelopes 1-50)
- Group 4 (Envelopes 1-50)
Now, you are prepared to embark on the envelope challenge. For each day during the challenge, take out an envelope of your choosing (or close your eyes) and put the assigned amount of money in it.
How to Get Started With the Envelope Challenge
Before we dive into the details, let’s go over what you need to get started with this challenge.
- Envelopes – as mentioned earlier, you will need 200 envelopes for this challenge. You can use any type of envelope, whether small or big, plain or decorative. It’s entirely up to you. Get creative!
- Money – you are going to have to decide how you are going to fill those envelopes.
- Tracking System– to track your progress, you will need a system to mark off each envelope as you fill it with money. You can use a spreadsheet or a journal or simply cross off the numbers on each envelope as you go.
- Marker – you will need something to write on each envelope, so ensure you have a marker or pen handy.
- Dedication – this challenge will require dedication, commitment, and self-discipline from your end. But trust us, the rewards will be worth it! $$
200 Envelope Challenge Chart
Are you in need of a way to track your progress? Look no further! We’ve got you covered with our 200 Envelope Challenge Chart. Download it here and keep track of your journey towards saving $5000+!
Make sure to hang it up in a visible place, like your refrigerator or office desk, to serve as a visual reminder of your goal.
- A Full Guide to Starting an Emergency Fund
- 20 Money-Saving Challenges You Must Try
- 52 Week Savings Challenge
- How to Make a Vision Board
Benefits of Completing the 200 Envelope Challenge
There are many benefits to completing the 200 Envelope Challenge, including:
- Savings – by completing this challenge, you will have saved over $5000! That’s no small amount and can significantly contribute to your financial goals.
- Financial Discipline – during this challenge, you will learn the importance of discipline in managing your finances, which can help you achieve long-term financial stability.
- Fun and Engaging – this challenge makes saving money fun and engaging rather than a mundane task. It will keep you motivated and excited to continue the journey!
- Personal Growth – by successfully completing this challenge, you will have developed new habits and skills that can help you in other areas of your life as well.
Tips for Successfully Completing the 200 Day Envelope Challenge
To successfully complete this money-saving challenge, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Set realistic goals for yourself. If you don’t currently have an income, this probably isn’t the time to try this money challenge.
- Stay consistent and stick to your savings plan, even on days when it may be challenging.
- Have accountability partners or join online communities to share your progress and stay motivated. Let us know how your challenge went or how it is going here on Living Low Key. We love cheering others on!
- Reward yourself along the way for completing milestones, but make sure the reward doesn’t interfere with your overall financial goals.
- Remember that this challenge is not a race and that everyone’s financial journey is different. Stay focused on your own progress, and don’t compare it to others.
Is the 200 or 100 Envelope Challenge Better?
There is no right or wrong answer here. Both challenges work and, if completed, will result in over $5000 in savings. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and what works best for you.
If you prefer a faster pace and are comfortable setting aside more money each day, then the 100 Envelope Challenge may be right for you. But if you want a more manageable pace with less pressure, then the 200 Envelope Challenge may be a better fit.
In the end, it comes down to when you need the money. If you are saving for some special event and you only have 100 days. I’d do the 100-day challenge.
Alterations to the 200 Envelope Savings Challenge
There are a handful of different variations of the 200 challenge. Once again, I’d base how you do this challenge based off your savings goals and what works best for you. These variations are just that, variations.
Digital Savings Habit
If you prefer using technology for savings, there are some online tools and apps that can help you complete the challenge. They allow you to track your savings digitally and even automate the process by setting up recurring transfers from your bank account into a virtual envelope.
Joint Envelope Challenge
This variation is perfect for couples looking to save money together. Instead of filling the envelopes individually, you can combine your efforts and save money together. It’s a great way to encourage each other and work towards a common financial goal, such as building an emergency fund, saving to buy a new home, or simply taking a vacation.
Themed Envelope Challenge
If you want to make saving even more fun, try doing a themed envelope challenge. You can choose any theme that interests you, such as travel, home decor, or self-care. Each day, you put your allocated amount of money into an envelope corresponding to the theme.
Not only will this challenge help you save money, but it can also encourage you to be more intentional with your spending in that specific area. Excitement for that much-needed vacation with friends or family can give you that push to complete the money challenge
20k in 200 Days
Are you in a place where you are ready to cut your spending drastically and save $20,000 in 200 days? Simply label your envelopes 1-200, and everyday choose one to fill! It’s a challenging and intense variation, but the rewards will be significant! Keep in mind that this challenge may require some lifestyle changes and budget adjustments to reach your goal in such a short time frame.
Don’t Have Enough Money to Participate?
If you don’t have enough money currently to participate in a Challenge, it’s okay! We have all been there! What you can do in the meantime is to find a way to increase your income, whether that be taking on a side hustle or picking up a part-time gig.
Here are our top recommended side hustles:
- Freelance work in your area of expertise
- Dog walking or pet-sitting
- Babysitting or nannying
- Delivery services (such as Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc.)
- Virtual assistant services
Remember, the goal is to increase your income temporarily so that you can participate in the challenge and save money for your future. Don’t be discouraged. The important thing is that you are taking steps towards your financial goals!
200 Envelope Challenge – Let’s Get Started!
Are you excited to start the 200 Envelope Challenge? We hope so! With dedication, discipline, and a positive attitude, you can successfully save over $5000!
Remember to have fun, stay motivated, and enjoy the journey towards financial stability. Let’s embark on this thrilling adventure together! So grab your envelopes, markers, and determination, and let’s begin our savings journey today. Happy saving!
Follow me on Pinterest for more money-saving tips!