If you are looking for a new side hustle or a way to make some extra cash, food delivery apps are a great way to get started.
In this article, we are going to look at the best food delivery app to work for and the best food delivery jobs.
Let’s get started:
What Are Food Delivery Job Apps?
If you are new to the side hustle world, you may be wondering, what are delivery job apps?
There are many companies where you can get things delivered to you, and as a job, you can sign up to be one of the delivery drivers.
You can simply download the various delivery job apps to search for gigs in your area and get started earning today!
- How To Score Cash For Clothes You No Longer Wear
- 13 Virtual Assistant Jobs for Beginners That Won’t Disappoint
- How To Make 200 Dollars In One Day (In Your Free Time)
- How To Make Money With Pinterest (Earn $1000+ Per Month)
11 Best Delivery App Jobs
Let’s take a look at some of the best delivery app jobs that are out there.
How To Become A DoorDash Driver:
DoorDash is one of the best food delivery apps to work for, as you can get a lot of work through them, and it pays well.
To apply for the delivery driver jobs, you can do so on their website. You will need to enter info such as your name, date of birth, and driver’s license number. You will then need to verify your identity and fill out a W9 form.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With DoorDash:
- They have driver incentives
- The tip amount is set to a default of 15%
- You can pick and choose which orders to go for
- You have to book in, in advance
- Limited support options
DoorDash Driver Requirements
The requirements to work for DoorDash are simple:
- You have to be 18 years old or older
- The type of vehicle that you can use is dependent on which city you are in, but the options can be a car, scooter, or bicycle
- Driving license number
- Social security number
How To Become A Shipt Shopper:
It’s a simple process of signing up with Shipt, and once you apply, you will have to wait for around 3-4 days to see if you are approved.
You will need to pass a background check, as well as the other requirements, which are listed below.
You will have to fill in information such as your email address, where you live, and your car model.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Shipt:
- You can do more than one order at a time
- You get a free Shipt membership
- It may not be available near to where you live
Shipt Driver Requirements
There are a few more requirements for being a delivery driver for Shipt:
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Have a vehicle that is the year 1997 or newer
- Have a driving license
- Have insurance
- You are physically capable of lifting at least 40 lbs
- You have insulated cooler bags
How To Become An Instacart Driver:
To start as an Instacart driver, you just need to provide basic information and meet their requirements (listed below).
With InstaCart, you get orders through the app on your phone, do the shopping and then deliver it to the customer.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Instacart:
- You can schedule your work in advance
- You can be an in-store shopper if you don’t have a car
- The scheduling of hours may be a downside if you want to be spontaneous
Instacart Driver Requirements
The driver requirements are again quite similar to the others:
- Have a car
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have car insurance
- To be 18 years old or older
- To be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be able to lift 50lbs
4. Uber Eats
How To Become A Uber Eats Delivery Driver:
You may be interested in doing courier work for UberEats if you are currently using Uber to drive people around.
You can use your car, bike or motorbike, and can do as many hours as you want per week.
One of the great things about UberEats is that you are paid weekly, and they also have an option of Instant Pay, where you can cash out up to 5 times a day.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With UberEats:
- There are good incentives offered
- You can have someone else in the car with you
- UberEats can change the pay rate
UberEats Driver Requirements
These are the requirements that you must meet to become a driver for UberEats:
- Have a valid driving license
- Have a minimum of one year of driving experience (3 years if you are under 23)
- Own an eligible vehicle (this varies by city, so make sure you check)
- Have insurance
- Have proof of residency for the state that you are working/living in
Related article: Get Paid To Advertise On Your Car With These 7 Companies
5. Amazon Flex
How To Become An Amazon Flex Driver:
You can sign up by downloading the app and entering your details. Once approved, you can reserve a block and start making deliveries.
You usually have to watch a presentation on how it works and sometimes shadow someone to see it in action.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Amazon Flex:
- Have some of the highest rates of pay offered
- You get paid twice per week
- It’s harder to sign up due to limited spots
Amazon Flex Driver Requirements
Here are the requirements for working as a driver for Amazon Flex:
- Be 21 years or older
- Have a valid driving license and insurance
- Have a car that is a four door, mid-size or larger
How To Become A Grubhub Driver:
You can apply directly from the app or on the website at the top right where it says ‘Apply to Drive.’
Submit your application, driver’s license, and insurance. You can get car decals, warming bags, and more from Grubhub. We also recommend doing their onboarding which will show you how it all works and how to get set up.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Grubhub:
- They provide a lot of information about each order
- Tips are at a minimum of 15%
- Not as many incentives as other ones
Grubhub Driver Requirements
The Grubhub requirements are as follows:
- Have a valid license and insurance
- Be 19 years old or older (check in case your state is different)
- Have an iPhone with iOS 11 or higher or an Android with 5.0 or higher
- Have a checking account (for payment)
How To Become A GoPuff Driver:
To become a driver, you need to fill out their application form and agree that you meet their requirements.
After your application, you will have an interview over the phone. After this, you can start to schedule shifts and begin working!
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With GoPuff:
- There’s a minimum pay that you can get no matter what
- The deliveries all come from the same place
- Not as many jobs are available
Driver Requirements For GoPuff
These are the requirements for driving for GoPuff:
- Be 21 years or older
- A car with valid insurance
- Pass a background check
How To Drive For Roadie:
You can sign up for Roadie on their website or app. You will need to fill in an application form and pass a background check.
Once you’re good to go, you can log into the app and select some jobs! The training material is always available within the app, so if you get a bit stuck at any point, you can go over it again.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Roadie:
- Decent money if you are near the gig
- Can choose the jobs you want and how far you will drive
- No benefits, overtime, worker protection
Roadie Driver Requirements
The requirements are as follows:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have a social security number
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
How To Start With Favor:
Getting signed up is easy, and then you will have to complete an orientation. This is a presentation that gives you all of the information that you need to work for them.
They call it being a ‘Runner’ and cover your car insurance with third-party liability and collision coverage.
You will be an independent contractor and can pick and choose the number of hours that you want to work.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Favor:
- You don’t always need a car to work for them
- The pay is really good when compared to other companies
- It’s only available in Texas
Favor Driver Requirements
The requirements are as follows:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a driver’s license
- A car and valid insurance
- Have an iOS or Android
How To Become A Saucey Driver:
Saucey is an alcohol delivery service that runs in LA, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sacramento.
The application process is similar to the other companies, but they are very keen on providing good customer service, and you will have to say why you want to work for them. You also need to maintain a near-perfect rating.
Pros And Cons For Delivering Food With Saucey
- You can get guaranteed minimum pay
- The pay isn’t great
Saucy Driver Requirements
To work for Saucey, you will need to:
- Be 21 years or older
- Have a car that’s 2007 or newer, with insurance
Which Is The Best Paying Delivery Job That Pays The Most?
The company which can pay a little bit more than these is probably Amazon Flex.
Which Is The Best Delivery Service To Work For?
All of the delivery services that we have listed would be good places to work for.
However, you may prefer to sign up for a company such as Amazon Flex, due to the high pay.
There is nothing stopping you from signing up to all of the delivery driver companies, booking some jobs in advance, and browsing the other apps for live jobs.
The best thing to do is to look at all of the delivery companies and double-check which ones are available in your area – as they may not all be.
Best Food Delivery Jobs – Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a look at some of the most common questions that you may have.
Which delivery service should you work for?
The delivery service that you should work for depends on which you think would be best for you and where you live.
We suggest trying out the different companies and staying with the ones that work best for you – everyone is different!
You will need to look at if the companies are available in your location, as they may not actually be available near you.
You may also find that some are more popular in your area, which means that there may not be as many gigs available for you, which may mean trying out other ones to find more.
There’s no right or wrong answer for which delivery company you join, as it’s up to you to decide on the best one.
Can you drive for multiple companies?
Yes, you can drive for multiple companies. Of course, it’s always worth checking the terms and conditions of the companies to make sure that they are ok with this contractually.
If you are looking to make a lot of money from doing this, the best thing to do is to sign up for a lot of them. Or all of them, so that you can get the most gigs and increase your earnings.
Which food delivery service pays the most?
If you are looking to do food delivery for the money, it will be important to you to think about which one will pay you the most.
It’s worth noting that it will be different for everyone, as some companies aren’t available in your area or don’t have that many jobs available.
So while you may want to sign up to the company which technically pays the best, they may not have any work for you, so this is something to bear in mind.
But in terms of the best paying food delivery service, it is typically Amazon Flex which offers around $18 – $25 per hour.
Best Paying Delivery Jobs – Final Thoughts
If you are looking to earn some extra money, driving for food delivery apps is a great way of doing so.
We suggest reading through this article thoroughly to see what the benefits are for each company and then checking if they are available in your state. You don’t need to have a car for all of them either, which is a bonus if you just have a bicycle but want to get started earning some cash.
Come follow me on Pinterest for more money-making tips and tricks!
- Make More Money: 40 Surprising Ways To Make Cash Fast
- 30 Best Items To Flip For A Profit In Your Free Time
- How To Make A Passive Income Selling Printables On Etsy
- 17 High Paying Side Hustles For Moms That You Can Do From Home
Get Your FREE Budget Binder Today!
Start saving more money and pay off your debt with this FREE Budget Binder