Are you one of the millions who overspend on groceries? It’s okay, we were too!
Its hard work to make a meal plan week after week, especially one that you’ll actually want to stick to. It’s even more difficult when you’re living on a budget.
Frugal meals can be extremely hard to come by if you don’t know where to look, so I took it upon myself to find some of the most affordable meals.
What makes a meal a frugal meal
The definition of frugal can differ from person to person. When it comes to frugal meals, it must have one of these attributes.
It has a small ingredient list
If a recipe only requires a handful of ingredients it can usually be deemed affordable. Next time you make your grocery list try and stick to meals that has less then 5 ingredients.
Most of the ingredients are herbs or seasonings
Don’t overlook a recipe just because the ingredient list looks long. I use to look at the length of an ingredient list and then dismiss it before reading it.
What I found is that a lot of amazing frugal recipes require a handful of seasonings or herbs but in reality these are items that you probably already have in your cupboard.
It has to look and taste good
Let’s face it, if a meal doesn’t look appetizing it probably isn’t. Even if you do purchase the ingredients, chances are when dinner rolls around you aren’t going to want to make it.
Having a meal that looks good makes you more likely to cook it!
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to save money next time you grocery shop, make sure you are taking advantage of the Ibotta app! I save hundreds of dollars a year on groceries with this app.
To take all the painful work out of meal planning for you, I went on a hunt and found 85 frugal meal ideas that meet all the criteria above.
Hopefully these cheap, easy meals will satisfy your taste buds and your budget!
Easy Chicken Recipes With Few Ingredients
1. Lemon Garlic Chicken Dump Recipe | via Freezer Meals 101
2. Hawaiian Chicken | via Gluten Free Palate
3. Gluten Free Enchiladas | via Gluten Free Palate
4. Ginger Chicken Recipe | via A Girl Worth Saving
5. Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla |via Recipes From A Pantry
Grab Your FREE Budget Binder Here
6. Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Thighs | via Bliss Health Coaching
7. Sheet Pan Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs and Vegetables | via Cook It Real Good
8. Honey BBQ Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks | via Plating Pixels
9. Healthy Curry Chicken Salad |via Tasty Galaxy
10. 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Mexican Chicken | via Joyfully Thriving
11. Mediterranean Chicken Thighs with Olives | via Recipe Pocket
12. Low Carb Instant Pot Salsa Chicken | via Tasty Galaxy
13. Chicken Enchilada Casserole | via Faith Filled Food for Moms
14. Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples | via Montana Happy
15. Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters | via Where Is My Spoon
16. 5 Ingredient Chicken Curry | via Go Healthy Ever After
17. Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken | via Aileen Cooks
18. Instant Pot Southern Chicken and Rice |via Meaningful Eats
19. Baked Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Tomatoes | via Lori’s Culinary Creations
20. Quick and Healthy Chicken Scampi Recipe | via Eating On A Dime
21. Slow Cooker Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs | via Mashup Mom
22. Grilled Chicken Salad | via Drugstore Divas
23. Quick and Easy Chicken & Dumplings | via DIY With My Guy
Easy Recipes With Beef and Pork
24. Delicious Instant Pot Pulled Pork | via Awe Filled Homemaker
25. Cajun Green Beans With Sausage | via A Sprinkle Of Cayenne
26. Crock Pot Pork Roast and Gravy | via The Cozy Cook
27. Easy Meat Lasagna Recipe | via The Curious Frugal
28. Not Quite Mississippi Crockpot Roast | via Intelligent Domestications
29. Beefy Rice Slow Cooker Casserole | via Freezer Meals 101
30. Sausage and Squash Skillet | via The Gifted Gabber
31. Instant Pot Beef and Gravy | via Recipe This
32. Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast | via The Cozy Cook
33. Paleo Sloppy Joes | via One Clever Chef
34. Pressure Cooker Hamburger Stew | via Two Sleevers
35. Easy Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowl | via Recipe Pocket
36. Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy | via Intelligent Domestications
37. Lime Teriyaki Carne Deshilachada y Arroz Recipe | via Whispered Inspirations
38.Slow Cooker Kielbasa with Sauerkraut and Potatoes | via I Believe I Can Fry
39. Slow Cooker Crock Pot Port Tenderloin | via Wicked Spatula
40. Turkey Sausage Paleo Breakfast Casserole | via Whole Some Yum
41. Tacos al Carbon | via The Anthony Kitchen
42. Oven Baked Meatball Sandwich | via Home Cooking Memories
43. 4 Ingredient Stove Top Meatloaf | via Cook Eat Go
Meatless Meals On A Budget
44. BBQ Beans Instant Pot | via Freezer Meals 101
45. Easy Pizza Potatoes | via
46. 5 Mins Air Fryer Pita Bread Pizza | via Recipes From A Pantry
47. Sweet Potato, Lentil and Chickpea Curry | via Cook It Real Good
48. Mushroom Masala- Mushroom Curry | via Recipes From A Pantry
Grab Your FREE Budget Binder Here
49. Flatbread Pizza | via Little Sunny Kitchen
50. Easy Quinoa Salad | via Cultured Palate
51. 20 Minute Pork Chop Rice One Pot Recipe | via Call Me PMc
52. Roasted Tilapia and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner | via No Plate Like Home
53. Slow Cooker White Beans | via The Flying Couponer
54. Homemade Refried Beans | via Cultured Palate
55. Cheap and Easy Tuna Casserole | via Saving Talents
56. Opened Faced Tuna Melts | via Food Meanderings
57. Eggplant Chickpea Peanut Curry | via Rhians Recipes
58. The Best Slow Cooker Vegan Chili | via Happy Kitchen
59. Instant Pot Vegetable Curry | via Happy Mothering
60. 3 Ingredient Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash | via Home Cooking Memories
61. Instant Pot Lentils and Rice | via Piping Pot Curry
Simple Easy Pasta Recipes
63. Caprese Pasta Bake | via Little Sunny Kitchen
62. 20-Minute Bow Tie Pasta Alfredo | via Moms Who Save
64. Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti | via This Ole Mom
65. Cheeseburger Casserole | via Crayons and Cravings
66. Creamy Macaroni and Cheese | via Cultured Palate
67. Cauliflower Tuna Pasta Bake | via Mrs Jones’s Kitchen
68. Creamy Baked Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti | via Faith Filled Food for Moms
69. 5 Ingredient Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells | via Happy Kitchen
70. One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta | via Call Me PMc
71. Homemade Hamburger Helper | via The Anthony Kitchen
72. Instant Post Pasta and Meatballs | via Cook Eat Go
73. Vegetarian Fajita Pasta – Instant Pot | via Piping Pot Curry
74. Spinach and Cherry Tomato Spaghetti | via A Taste Of Madness
75. Parsley Parmesan Pasta | via Brooklyn Farm Girl
Frugal Soup Recipes
76. Cauliflower and Bacon Soup | via Cook It Real Good
77. Instant Pot Three Sisters Soup | via MOON and spoon and yum
78. Healthy Roast Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup | via Recipe Pocket
79. Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup | via The Flying Couponer
80. Smoky Black Bean Soup | via Nibble and Dine
81. Sprouted Lentil Stew Recipe | via Happy Mothering
82. Vegan Coconut Curry Lentil Soup | via A Taste Of Madness
83. Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe | via The Typical Mom
84. The Very Best Ham And Potato Soup With Peas | via On My Kids Plate
85. Cheap and Easy Hamburger Soup | via
What are your favorite go-to frugal meals that you love? Let us know in the comments below!
If you love these recipes make sure to save this post for later!