Best place to buy glasses without insurance!
When you need glasses, the last thing you want is to not be able to get any because you don’t have insurance.
If you go too long without getting glasses, you could end up with poor eye health.
In this article, we will look at the places you need to go to if you need glasses and don’t have any insurance, especially if you need to save money.
Best Place To Buy Glasses Without Insurance In 2022
So, where are the best places to buy glasses if you don’t have any insurance? We will look at the best sites and stores where you can get your glasses.
Can I Purchase Prescription Glasses Without Insurance?
Though it is not impossible to obtain glasses without insurance, you will find that your options are severely limited.
If you can’t get vision coverage from your insurance carrier, you may be paying more for your prescription glasses than necessary.
Buying your glasses without insurance can help you save hundreds of dollars by eliminating the middleman and buying directly from an online retailer.
Should I Buy Prescription Eyeglasses In-store Or Online?
If you’re in the market for a new pair of eyeglasses, you’ve probably considered buying them online and in-store. Both have their pros and cons.
Online stores offer low-cost glasses and adorable designs. Buying them online is more convenient. You have many more frames to choose from than in your local optician’s office.
Even some apps allow you to check out frames by virtually uploading your picture and choosing frames. You need to do proper research about online sellers and check their customer’s feedback. Also, make sure you read their return or refund policy before buying.
Best Place To Get Glasses Without Insurance (In-Store & Online)
Don’t let your expensive prescription glasses or sunglasses break because you don’t have insurance coverage.
There are plenty of places to buy glasses without insurance, including online and from your local optometrist.
Here are the top places to buy glasses without insurance to update your eyewear without breaking the bank:
1. Costco Optical Center
Costco Optical Center is an eye care facility within Costco. This is an excellent source of affordable eyewear for adults, teens, and children.
Glasses range from designer frames to generic ones. Costco Optical provides many services, including eye examinations, fitting and adjustments of glasses, and the sale of prescription contact lenses.
If you’re looking for a great deal on lenses or eye care products, you need to be a Costco member. The annual membership fee is $60 for a personal membership and $120 for the Gold Star Executive Membership.
- It also accepts insurance plans
- There are more than 500 Costco Opticals nationwide
- Eye appointment is free of membership – there’s no need to buy any plan
- You must buy a membership to purchase any glasses or contacts.
- Costco’s website has no warranty information on its products.
- I Don’t Want To Work Anymore – 5 Steps To Make It Reality
- Free PayPal Money- Legit Ways You Can Earn Money Using PayPal
- How To Score Cash For Clothes You No Longer Wear
- 13 Virtual Assistant Jobs for Beginners That Won’t Disappoint
2. Walmart Vision Center
Walmart Vision Center is one of the best places to get glasses without insurance if you want to buy designer frames at a low cost. Walmart sells high-quality designer frames that look much more expensive than they are.
Walmart Vision Center has an extensive selection of designer eyewear; you can find many different styles, shapes, and colors which you normally wouldn’t find in other stores.
Walmart offers its customers a variety of eyeglasses at different prices. Basic tinted lenses start around$10 to $40, and polarized ones for about $50.
If you decide to go with transition lenses, which help in tough weather, you should expect to pay about $65.
- It has multiple locations nationwide
- They allow you to purchase contacts online
- The user-friendly interface makes a convenient purchase from child glasses and contacts to school supplies
- Optometrists often deal with high turnover rates of both employees and customers
3. Sam’s Club Optical Center
At Sam’s Club Optical, they offer a wide selection of prescription and non-prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses.
Whether you need an eye exam or already have a prescription, they have everything you need to see your best.
Their online selection features hundreds of different pairs of glasses from more than 50 brands, so you’re sure to find the perfect pair for you.
Are you looking for a new pair of glasses or prescription sunglasses? Sam’s Club Optical Center has you covered, with frames starting as low as $59.
High-index lenses are also available for $80. Those who require progressive lenses have options starting at $160.
- The shipping takes just 5 to 7 working days
- Sam’s Club Plus members can avail advantage of 20% off frames and lenses
- They sell quality collections both online and in-store
- High-index lenses are a little bit costly
- Customers must buy their membership to make their eyewear purchase from Sam’s Club
4. Target Optical Center
If you’re looking for “the best place to buy glasses without insurance near me,” look no further than Target Optical. With over 500 stores nationwide, it’s easy to find a location near you. And because each store has an optical department, you can be sure to receive professional care and advice.
Frames and lenses for contact sport sunglasses come in $100-$320, but there are occasional sales. Basic plastic prescription lenses are $75 and include UV protection, scratch resistance, and impact resistance.
Premium polycarbonate lenses, including all of the previous features, glare, and smudge resistance, can be bought for $280.
- More insurance plans are accepted than any other optical center
- Affordable prices for people without vision insurance
- Shop online or in-person and get the same great deals
- Wide variety of eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses to choose from
- The care quality is not the same in every center, and it varies from location to location
Where To Find Low-Cost Glasses Online?
Eyeglasses.com is one of the leading manufacturers of glasses and sunglasses for adults and children. They offer a lens replacement service for those who have a new prescription or need to replace their old, damaged lenses.
For every pair of frames you purchase, you can donate a pair to those who cannot afford to pay for eyewear products themselves.
Eyeglasses prices are about 50% lower than average retail. With free shipping on orders over $55 and UPS Next Day shipping at just $12, it’s easy to see why many people buy their glasses online!
- Shipping takes 3–5 days to process orders and is free of cost
- They offer a 30-day return policy
- They allow their customer to virtually try an offer with three pairs of glasses
- The product exchange option only works for those who pay a $15 processing fee
6. Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a well-known brand that has taken over the eyewear world. They have 71 locations in 28 states in the United States, making it convenient for people to try on glasses and order without waiting for shipping.
Warby Parker is one of the best eyeglasses retailers in the United States. They offer various styles, shapes, and sizes at very affordable prices.
All prescription glasses start at $95, but the prices go up when adding features to your glasses.
For example, adding thinner lenses which are 1.67 indexes, costs an additional $30, while adding the thinnest index of lenses, 1.74, costs an additional $130.
- They offer free shipping and lower price glasses or frames
- Their home try option allows them to try five frames free of cost to their customers at home
- The locally manufacturing business model helps them cost-effectively maintain their product quality
- People with strong prescriptions might find it difficult to meet their needs in index lenses
- The tool needs to download the Warby Parker app that does not support every mobile for a free trial -it requires an iPhone X and above
EyeBuyDirect is an online retailer of eyeglasses and eyewear. They offer prescription and nonprescription eyeglasses, blue light glasses, and sunglasses.
Though EyeBuyDirect’s frames are often more affordable than others, lenses can also add to the cost.
EyeBuyDirect offers high-quality lenses that include an anti-scratch and anti-glare coating, ultraviolet protection, and dust and smudge protection. These lenses come at an additional $80.
- They offer a 14-day money-back guarantee
- You can pay by using your FSA or HAS cards
- Their Buy 1 Give 1 program donates glasses to needy customers
- EyeBuyDirect has no association with insurance companies, so you can’t use any insurance policy or voucher
Eyeconic is an online eyeglass shop that offers a large range of brands and accepts different types of insurance.
With Eyeconic, you can search for eyeglasses from nearly 50 different brands. Eyeconic also has a try-on feature to see how you’ll look with frames on in real life.
For purchasing contact lenses, you can choose from the 20 available brands. If VSP insures you, you can get your free consultation with a doctor within their network.
Prices start at just $130 for basic frames and simple lenses, but if you’re looking for something extra special, they have options to fit every budget.
Their Silver lens package comes included in the price of each frame, or you can upgrade to the Gold package for an additional $80.
- They offer top brands’ names on frames with quality collections
- It has collaborated with the best vision insurance company VSP
- It offers a virtual frame check feature to assist you best
- Shipping takes more time than normal
- They do not offer a return policy on every product
Get Your FREE Budget Binder Today!
Start saving more money and pay off your debt with this FREE Budget Binder
GlassesUSA is an online retailer for prescription eyewear. They have over 2000 styles of frames and are a one-stop-shop that you can use to find glasses online without having to deal with the inconvenience of going to an actual store.
GlassesUSA has a large variety of glasses frames categorized by gender, designer, color, shape, and trend. They also carry both sports, prescription glasses, and kid’s glasses.
Your glasses will be delivered to you within 7 to 10 days of ordering if you live in the United States.
You can purchase expedited shipping, which costs $12 and get your glasses in 3 to 5 days. Shipping outside of the U.S. is also available at around $25.
- You will get glasses and contact lenses with a 365-day warranty
- They offer coupons and loyalty programs to their customers
- Glasses have a brand name, and best-selling brands are there
- Do not offer a virtual test system to check glasses
- You need your written prescription s
10. Discount Glasses
When it comes to finding the perfect pair of glasses, DiscountGlasses has got you covered. With a wide variety of lens types and enhancements available and a discount of up to 70%, you’re sure to find the perfect pair for you.
And if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, DiscountGlasses offers a no-hassle return policy.
There’s something to suit everyone with a huge range of frames, sunglasses, reading glasses, and accessories.
DiscountGlasses is the place to go for great deals on frames. You can find a frame under $20 or more than double that price, depending upon what kind of lenses you need! The site also offers monthly mystery sales with savings as high as 70%.
- Stylish frames are available at a lower price
- Easy to access support and product search functionality
- Plenty of information related to products and prices is available on the website
- Have slow shipping standards
- High-quality lenses are costly for a normal user
FramesDirect is the perfect place to shop for glasses online. With over 100,000 designer frames and contacts to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect style for you.
From Burberry to Oakley, they have a frame for every taste and personality. Their prescription sunglasses are top-of-the-line and keep your eyes safe from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
With a health savings account (HSA) and flexible spending account (FSA) debit card, you can save up to 40% on designer glasses. Burberry will still be expensive, but at least it’s the cheapest place to get glasses without insurance than buying from their website at a cost upward of $200.
- They offer high-end frames, glasses, and contacts
- Free shipping with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- International shipping facility available
- Virtually try on a feature not offered by FramesDirect
- Lens cost is slightly higher than other companies
Lenscrafters is the best place to buy glasses without insurance to shop. With over 1,000 stores across the United States, Lenscrafters is one of the largest eyewear retailers.
Shopping at the online store is just as convenient and easy as shopping in-store. Plus, payment is easy and flexible, with most major credit and debit cards accepted and HSA and FSA debit cards.
LensCrafters is a one-stop-shop for all your eye care needs. You can find glasses and sunglasses, with prices starting at just $58! If you want prescription lenses, they have an additional fee of only 130 dollars.
- LensCrafters accepts most major vision plans, HSA, and FSA cards
- Free shipping and discount opportunities
- Adjustment option available on purchase products
- Their prices are higher when compared with other retailers
GlassesShop is the online destination for stylish prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses at budget-friendly prices.
With a huge range of frames to choose from, GlassesShop has something for everyone, including different tints and polarizations.
They have a vast selection of glasses for men, women, and children, and some prices are as low as $6! Sign up for their email list today, and you’ll receive 50% off frames and free shipping on your first order. Plus, be the first to know about our latest sales and exclusive offers.
- They offer free shipping on all orders over $79.
- For new customers, 50% on first purchase.
- They have a referral program for customers.
- Some of the products have no return policy.
39DollarGlasses is the cheapest place to get glasses and sunglasses online! They offer a wide selection of high-quality eyewear for women, men, and children, all at affordable prices. Their glasses start at just $39.
Through their charitable relationship with ChildSight, they’ve donated thousands of pairs of eyeglasses to children in need.
The glasses section of this site is affordable. A pair starts at just $39, and you can get single prescription lenses for that price too!
Most frames cost less than 50 bucks; several go up to about 100 dollars (but there are some deals on in-demand styles).
- The frames include metal, plastic, and flex frame, inexpensive options
- Brand names are available
- You must need to provide your prescription to purchase a lens
Get Your FREE Budget Binder Today!
Start saving more money and pay off your debt with this FREE Budget Binder
15. Pair Eyewear
Pair Eyewear is the online eyeglass retailer that’s changing how you shop for frames. They offer an unbeatable selection of frames for kids and adults, including styles from some of the biggest names in eyewear.
When checking out, you can also choose to pay with a health savings account (HSA) or flexible savings account (FSA) debit card. With Pair Eyewear, you’ll get a great pair of glasses at a fraction of the cost!
Pair Eyewear offers a variety of frames for kids and adults, starting at $60. Top-level options cost up to about 30 bucks each, with special collaborations like the NHL or Marvel selections costing less than most other brands’ top-tier products– sometimes even as low as $25! You’ll probably end up paying close to $100 on average.
- It offers a customized option for your frame or glasses
- They offer 30 days free on any returns.
- For a one year warranty, it costs extra
FAQ- Cheapest Place To Get Glasses
How much do glasses cost without insurance?
The average price of eyeglasses in the U.S. can vary significantly based on your prescription, frames, lenses, region, and the eyewear brand you purchase.
The average cost for glasses without insurance is $242, according to statistics from VSP. Assuming you’re getting frames and both lenses, the total price is around $351 when you don’t have insurance.
Can I return prescription glasses I buy online?
Online sellers come with a dizzying array of fulfillment and satisfaction guarantees. Some retailers offer free replacements and refunds, while others require you to pay a fee to be eligible.
Be sure to carefully review a store’s replacement and refund policies before making your purchase.
Can I use my HSA for my low-cost glasses?
Yes, you can use your HSA for your low-cost glasses. Many people use their HSAs to pay for their glasses each year.
The great thing about using your HSA to pay for your glasses is that you can get a significant discount on the cost of your glasses. In most cases, you can save anywhere from 30% to 50% on the cost of your glasses when you use your HSA to pay for them.
Can I donate prescription glasses?
Yes, prescription glasses are accepted for donations, but please make sure that the glasses are in wearable condition.
If your prescription glasses are not in good shape, you can opt to make a monetary contribution.
Best Place For Glasses Without Insurance- Final Thoughts
If you don’t have vision insurance or your plan doesn’t cover the glasses you need, there are still plenty of affordable places to buy glasses. You can find great deals on glasses without breaking the bank by looking online or at stores like Walmart or Target.
So don’t let not having insurance stop you from getting the perfect pair of glasses for your needs. Check out these best places to get glasses without insurance – find the perfect pair for you!
Also, join on Pinterest for more money-saving tips and tricks!